2 months ago
A great opportunity has arisen at Grad2Teach for several trainee teachers to join their two-year salaried teacher training course, at one of their client schools in Birmingham. This salaried position of trainee primary Teacher is offered through Grad2Teach and will commence in September 2021.
If you are a determined, passionate and self-reflective graduate looking to start a career in teaching, Grad2Teach is your first step in the right direction. Our paid ITT programme offers a new opportunity to teach, train and – if successful – gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). With Grad2Teach you will work to complete a one- or two-year course, with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools, earning a salary as you train. Upon passing the course, you will have completed your PGCE and be a qualified teacher with QTS.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a relevant, university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification Have determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude.
- Have at least one year of Experience in a UK classroom
- Have the confidence and ability to lead the class.
- Be able to demonstrate your resilience.
In Year 1, you will
- Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based, salaried trainee programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Year 2, you will
- Attend 9 training days with one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learnt so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience
This is a school committed to individual student achievement. It provides a high quality, innovative and stimulating teaching environment where each student can learn and achieve their best. Staff are well qualified, caring and have high expectations, which are reinforced by well-prepared lessons, regular homework and a positive focus on respect and consideration for others. Most recently rated ‘good’ by Ofsted, students show a great deal of respect and care for each other. They mix well in this racially harmonious community. They feel safe and are polite and well mannered. Around the school, their behaviour is thoughtful and friendly. Students are grouped by ability as appropriate, the average class size is twenty-eight and smaller numbers in specialist subjects ensures that staff know every one of their students extremely well. Each student’s achievements, needs and progress are continually monitored so that challenging work can be provided as well as success celebrated. The strong family atmosphere fosters an active and close partnership between home and school. Parents are encouraged to work closely with staff to ensure that their children achieve their full potential.