Step Teachers have been asked to recruit trainee teachers for a brand new Initial Teacher Training (ITT) initiative called Grad2Teach, for placement schools in London, Hertfordshire, Cambridge, Norfolk and Birmingham.
Have you ever thought about becoming a teacher? Imagine waking up every day knowing that by the time you’re back in bed you would have achieved something amazing! Grad2Teach is your first step in the right direction. Our paid ITT programme offers the opportunity for trainees to teach, train and – if successful – gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
With Grad2Teach, you’ll work as a trainee teacher completing a one or two year course, with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools, earning a salary throughout. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be a qualified teacher with QTS and a PGCE under your belt.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification
- Attained grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English for Secondary Teacher Training
- Attained grade C or above in Maths, English and Science for Primary Teacher training
- Have determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude
What are the benefits?
In Year 1, you will:
- Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based, salaried trainee programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Year 2, you will:
- Attend 9 training days at one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learnt so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
- Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience
If you would like to find out more information and receive our prospectus, please get in touch with our Course Manager, Alex, either by phone on 0208 148 6732 or by email at alexb@grad2Teach.ac.uk