We are working with a very friendly and welcoming primary school in Stevenage to source an experienced and highly qualified Primary Teacher – Year 1. The role of this Year 1 class teacher is to commence in March and is on a Permanent basis. The school is proud of its high quality teaching standards and its safe and friendly approach. As a class teacher you will be apart of creating a friendly and thriving school environment.
- As a Year 1 class teacher you should have a teaching qualification suitable for primary education.
- Applications are welcome from experienced primary teachers of either Key Stage who can demonstrate recent and positive references.
- You will have held at least one teaching position within the primary curriculum, preferably in Key Stage 1 and 2.
- It is vital that you can demonstrate experience of planning and teaching all subjects in the primary curriculum.
- To make full use of the updated early years curriculum to deliver effective learning strategies.
- The school are happy to consider an outstanding Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) but suggest that the role might be better suited to primary teachers with experience across the curriculum.
- As a qualified primary teacher you should be a creative and enthusiastic practitioner who is able to use all available resources to their full extent.
This primary school is 'aiming for excellence’ and the leadership team place a strong focus on building on this rating in the future. Every child is encouraged to achieve the highest standards possible, in an atmosphere where all success, great or small, is celebrated. Every child should learn to understand people with different needs, circumstances and beliefs in order to enable them to develop morally, culturally and spiritually, giving them the confidence to grow in responsibility and independence, equipping them for the journey of lifelong learning.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.