Step Teachers are looking for an experienced mornings only Teaching Assistant to support a Year 1 class in a mainstream primary school in Haringey. This role is due to commence in February 2024 until the end of the academic year.
This two-form entry primary school are proud of the school atmosphere with both students and staff embodying the school value of kindness. The school are very aware of the importance of children’s well-being and enabling them to grow into happy individuals that flourish and would expect a Teaching Assistant to embody and promote these values.
Your responsibilities as a Year 1 Teaching Assistant:
- Able to support the students in the class under the direction of the class teacher
- Upkeep a tidy, organised classroom with accessible resources where needed
- Work effectively with other members of staff in the classroom and throughout the school
- Ability to support students and encourage their progression
- Willingness to comply with the schools’ policies and implement them effectively
Requirements as a Year 1 Teaching Assistant:
- Recent experience supporting teaching and learning in a primary school
- A relevant Level 2 or 3 qualification is desirable
- SEND experience
Hour of work - 8.15am - 1.15pm
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these