Step Teachers are currently seeking a passionate and dedicated 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work in one of our long-standing partner schools starting in January 2024 until the end of the academic year. You will be working with 2 children, one for the morning session and another child for the afternoon session.
- To identify and report on the children's progress and any further areas of development
- To work closely with the families to best support the students
- Putting together additional resources needed to help the students access the learning, with the aid of the class teacher
- Working closely with the Class Teacher to best support the students
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience working with students with special educational needs, particularly those with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- A patient and empathetic demeanour, with a strong ability to build rapport with students.
- A relevant teaching assistant qualification or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of effective teaching and behaviour management strategies.
- Commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!