£60- £75 per day
9 months ago
We are looking for a 1:1 SEMH (Social, Emotional, and Mental Health) teaching assistant to work with a child with SEMH and challenging behaviour. Working with a child 1:1 is an extremely rewarding role as you are the key part of their learning and support. A calm, creative and resilient person is the ideal candidate for this role.
The school we are recruiting for is based in North Walsham, for this position, the school is looking for a person who is available to start January on a full-time basis on a long term basis.
We are seeking a teaching assistant who.
- Has experience working with children with SEND/SEMH
- Has a good basic knowledge of English and Maths
- Can adapt quickly in various situations and can form relationships with children and senior leadership
- Can give feedback to SENCO where required
- Is naturally a patient and resilient person Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service. This is a new framework for schools to use, ensuring they have access to reputable agencies that meet certain safeguarding and recruitment guidelines. The DfE is heavily marketing this service across schools, and we would strongly suggest making sure you are registered with a CCS-approved agency moving forwards. Registering with Step Teachers ensures you are working for a trusted partner of the DfE.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today.