Step Teachers have been asked by numerous schools in Islington to source teachers to meet their daily supply needs. Roles varying from day to day supply work to long-term supply cover are available across the borough. The schools have roles which they need filled immediately, some of which are temp-to-perm opportunities for the successful candidate. To be eligible, the chosen candidate must be flexible in their availability and able to commit to the duration of the role.
The selected candidates must have the following attributes to meet the needs of the schools:
- Either a QTS or PGCE Certificate
- Classroom experience in a mainstream school in any year group
- Strong organisation skills and able to manage various tasks efficiently
- Use the given resources to deliver a cohesive lesson structure with your own teaching style
- Reliability and commitment to the daily supply roles
- Immerse yourself to the role, regardless of the duration and make a positive contribution to the learning experience
Many of Step Teachers’ key partner schools are based in Islington and it is one of our strongest areas of operation. The schools we work with expect only the best quality candidates, which Step Teachers have successfully provided over the years. As an agent of Step Teachers, the successful candidate will be expected to keep with the school values and ethos of any school they work in. We have always received positive feedback from our candidates who have worked in these schools about how welcoming the staff were and how lovely their time at the school was, however brief, and we hope to continue this positive relationship in future.
To be eligible to apply for supply work through Step Teachers you will first need to undergo our registration process, which includes; a face-to-face interview, full referencing, qualification checks and the obligatory safeguarding checks as step teachers are committed to the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please contact Nick for more information on how to apply.