Do you have a passion for teaching design and technology? If the answer is yes Step Teachers are working closely with an academy based in Rainham seeking a supply design and technology teacher in a secondary setting. The ideal candidate would be able to teach Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 5 starting in January 2024. The position is full time and the school is open to a temporary to a permanent position which could change to a permanent from the offset. This Academy holds two core values that include educational success and for students to understand themselves and the world around them. They strive to fulfil these core values with a strong curriculum and extra-curricular activities.
- Plan, deliver, and assess engaging lessons across Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 5, following the appropriate curriculum and specifications.
- Maintain a positive and inclusive classroom atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Effectively manage student behaviour and welfare.
- Communicate with students, parents, and school staff in a professional and constructive manner.
- Follow school policies and procedures as well as maintain accurate records.
- Contribute to the development of a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- QTS or equivalent
- Experience in teaching Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 5.
- Strong classroom management, communication, and organisational skills.
- Adaptability to different teaching environments and a willingness to take on varied subjects and classes.
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) on the Update service.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!