An exciting opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in South London has arisen, as they seek to appoint a design technology teacher to start at the beginning of September 2019. The role of a design technology teacher is a one-year post in a fantastic school with a reputation for academic excellence.
Every member of the team at this school is expected to ‘go the extra mile’ and push themselves to the limits of performance and it is seen as a key indicator of the School’s continued progression that, when teachers leave, it tends to be to take on leadership roles elsewhere. The Head Teacher and Governors are proud of the low staff turnover rate and believe this is driven by their consistent focus on CPD and internal promotion.
- You should have a teaching qualification and a design technology based degree.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for design technology and related assessment practice is essential for a role of this nature.
- Experience of teaching classes with 30 pupils would be a definite advantage.
- As design technology teacher, you will be expected to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including with pupils, parents and carers, other staff and external agencies.
- It is vital that you can demonstrate experience of planning and teaching design technology for KS3 and KS4
- You must be able to work well as a part of a team and liaise with your colleagues across the department and wider school
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as discounts and offers on high street brands.