£18,500 - £25,000 per year
5 months ago
Dynamic recruitment agency seeks reliable, smart and energetic Finance and Payroll Officer to help run our Finance Department and ensure all our candidates get paid. This position is a part-time 20-hour role. Salary is up to £25,000 per annum pro-rata.
We’re a busy temporary recruitment agency that has grown rapidly over the past 20 years. This is a crucial role for us, so we need someone who is keen to take on responsibility and become a key part of a great company.
You will be working closely with the Finance Director as instructed to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Processing weekly and monthly payrolls from start to finish with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Dealing with payroll queries in a professional manner
- Process timesheets
- Raising and sending invoices to customers
- Dealing with invoice queries with a high level of customer service
- Credit control: chasing for invoices in a consistent and organised manner
- Perform reconciliation of customers’ accounts on a regular basis
- Process payments received on Sage 50 and Vima
- Posting invoices to the appropriate nominal codes on Sage 50 and pay purchase invoices as per the terms agreed
- Reconciliation of suppliers’ accounts on regular basis and update the cash book
- Process credit card payments and petty cash transactions
- Perform weekly bank reconciliation and other finance and admin tasks as required
- Experience in finance and payroll essential, recruitment agency experience a plus
- Good numeracy and Sage Line 50 including advanced Excel
- AAT Level 2 Qualified or similar
- Reliable, well-organised, strong attention to detail
- Happy carrying out routine tasks to a high standard and meeting deadlines
- Commitment to good customer service and problem-solving
- Strong team player who can communicate effectively face-to-face, over the phone and in writing
- Analytical skills
We would like the successful candidate to start in as soon as possible.
Please apply with CV and covering note explaining your circumstances and suitability for the role.