Are you a passionate and innovative Food Technology teacher ready to inspire the next generation of culinary enthusiasts? An exciting opportunity awaits for a Long-Term Supply Food Technology Teacher to join a school in the city of Ipswich.
The school is dedicated to fostering a culture of culinary excellence, creativity, and academic achievement. Our core values revolve around providing a hands-on learning experience, embracing diversity, and preparing students for success in the dynamic world of food and nutrition, opening possibilities and options for the host of future careers that could be waiting.
- Good knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Food Technology curriculum
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Maintain an organised and professional classroom with all of the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Have mainstream school-based experience teaching Food Technology at secondary school level
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant related degree
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across London, East Anglia, Hertfordshire, and the South West, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK.
We are also an approved partner of the National Tutoring Programme (NTP).
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership, and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent, or supply work then get in touch with us today!