We have a school in March, Cambridgeshire, seeking a qualified primary school teacher to deliver small group tutoring sessions to a group of KS2 pupils starting ASAP.
The pupils have been specially selected to be part of the programme to help them catch up to their peers and rebuild their confidence. Therefore, the school must have the same tutor for the entire duration of the assignment. Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to cover both literacy and numeracy for KS2. It will be Monday's-Thursdays, 13.15-15.15.
Being an NTP tutor is convenient for qualified teachers looking to get back into work after periods away from teaching and want part-time hours to fit current commitments.
To be an NTP Tutor you will need to have the following:
- Qualified Teacher with QTS or equivalent
- An Enhanced DBS registered on the Update Service
- Previous tutoring or teaching experience, preferably in school settings
- Strong knowledge of the national curriculum and assessment requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students
- Be flexible with the hours they can work and willing to commit to long-term
- Be Confident in behavioural management skills.
- Be able to think on their feet and use different scaffolding strategies to teach the pupils
- Deliver high-quality tutoring sessions to students in need of additional support
- Tailor tutoring sessions to meet individual student needs and learning goals
- Identify areas for improvement and develop personalised learning plans