140 - 160 per day
7 months ago
Two termsminimum, ideally three terms
A large primary school in Bishop's Stortford is seeking to recruit an outstanding Primary Teacher for a Year 1 class for a role which has arisen for January 2020. The position of Primary Teacher is set to run for 2 terms in the first instance, however the school would prefer to appoint for three full terms until December 2020. Given the size of the school the Head Teacher likes to retain good teachers and it is likely that sound performance would result in the offer of a position as Primary Teacher on a permanent basis.
- This position would be most suited to a Primary Teacher who can demonstrate sound experience and excellent references
- The Head Teacher will seek to appoint a Primary Teacher with sound understanding of good practice in Assessment for Learning
- Effective target setting for children and an understanding of personalised learning are key competencies for this position
- You will have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs and Educational Inclusion, and the needs of the More Able and Talented
- You will be expected to promote the positive ethos and culture of the school to other staff, governors, parents, children and members of the wider community
This is a good sized school which manages to maintain its community feel and is a very welcoming place. Pupils and staff provide a warm welcome to all visitors and this is something which has been a consistent feature for some time. Pupil progression is good and is certainly improving with the implementation of a whole school development policy in 2018. In the last year two existing staff members have been promoted to leadership roles and the ethos of internal development is one that the Governors are keen to maintain for the future. This is supported by regular and pertinent CPD which goes above and beyond the statutory requirements.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues