Step Teachers are currently looking for a Religious Studies Teacher for a Secondary School in the Huntingdon area. The role is for a long-term supply Key Stage 3 and 4 curriculum.
The school is looking for staff who can make an impact within their school and are specialists within their subject areas. The ethos of the school is centered around respect, and that the effective collaboration between students and staff is key to success.
- Full teaching remit teaching Years 7-11 with the possibility of Sixth Form
- Strong knowledge of the Religious Studies curriculum
- Maintain an organised and professional classroom as well as associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback to enable them to develop and learn
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons inclusive of all students within the class
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Religious Education at secondary school level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Religious Studies related degree is desirable.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.