Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for a Science Teacher in a Secondary School near Watford. The role is full time, teaching Science across all year groups. There is a start date after the February half term for this role; it is initially a temporary position with the view to this becoming for a teacher that can embody the school's values.
This Secondary School has a clear vision and ethos to nurture well rounded individuals who can thrive and make a positive impact to the wider community. Ofsted graded the school ‘Outstanding’ at the most recent inspection with their curriculum and inclusivity being positively noted.
- Good knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Science curriculum; including Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Maintain a well organised classroom and ensure the safe use and storage of all equipment
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Science at secondary school level
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Science related degree is desirable
- SEND experience is desirable<