As a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts, Step Teachers are looking for Science Teacher, starting after the February half term. The school are looking for a Science Teacher initially on a supply basis with the view to this becoming permanent. This Science Teacher position is in a Secondary School in Hemel Hempstead and is full time.
This Secondary Academy, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, is a strong advocate for students receiving an education that allows them to reach their full potential and nurturing ambition and courage in every learner. The school visions include not only a student’s academic success, but also the respect and support shown to every individual and is looking for a Science Teacher who can uphold these values.
Science Teacher Role:
- Good knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Science curriculum; including Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Maintain a well organised classroom and ensure the safe use and storage of all equipment
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
Science Teacher Requirement:
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Science at secondary school level
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Science related degree is desirable
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teac