We are happy to be assisting one of our schools in inclusive North London schools, where the levels of achievement are consistent with the staff's ability to extract pupil's potential and inspirations, to appoint a SEN teacher. The position of SEN teacher is to cover a vacancy within the department and is offered from March. This school is extremely welcoming and prides itself in its excellent teamwork. As a SEN teacher you must possess the following;
- You will have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs and Educational Inclusion, and the needs of the more able and talented.
- Personalised Learning and specifically Assessment for Learning (AfL) as part of the teaching and learning tool kit should be central to your SEN teaching practice.
- SEN teacher's should have a range of robust effective behaviour management strategies that can be employed in the classroom.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of learning styles and how to incorporate Visual, Auditory and Kinaesthetic (VAK) learning opportunities into lesson planning/delivery would be a considerable asset in this role.
- Establish good relationships, encourage good working practices and support and lead teachers in the phase group.
This is a popular school with a friendly and supportive team. SEN teachers who have worked there for us in the past tell us of a well behaved cohort with parents who are supportive of the teaching staff. There has been some recent redevelopment of the site and it has really pleasant, modern facilities, with excellent provision for teaching and learning.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as discounts and offers on high street brands.