Are you a compassionate and dedicated individual with a passion for supporting students with Special Educational Needs? We are actively seeking qualified SEN Teaching Assistants for a variety of positions throughout the Barnet area, and working with age groups ranging from Early Years to Key Stage 2. These roles will range from Day-to-Day supply through to long-term positions, allowing you the freedom to build a career that fits around your own schedule.
SEN Teaching Assistant - Role:
- Making a positive impact on the lives of children with diverse learning needs.
- Assisting the class teacher with planning and delivery of activities.
- Supporting the development of children’s language and communication skills.
- Encouraging positive behaviour and providing pastoral support to children when required.
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on children’s progress and achievements.
SEN Teaching Assistant - Requirements:
- Minimum Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Previous experience working as an SEN Teaching Assistant.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying SEN Teaching Assistants across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.