Are you a compassionate and dedicated professional looking to make a real difference in the lives of children with special educational needs? We have a unique opportunity for a resilient and caring SEN Teaching Assistant to support two extraordinary students on their educational journey. Our local client school in Norwich are in need of a resilient TA.
- Provide one-on-one support and assistance to a remarkable student in the morning.
- Help the student adapt to the school environment.
- Ensure a safe and nurturing atmosphere, even in challenging situations.
- Extend the student's time in school gradually and at their own pace.
- Offer emotional support and understanding to overcome barriers.
- Work with another fantastic student in the afternoon.
- Implement strategies to prevent absconding while keeping the learning experience engaging and enjoyable.
- Foster a supportive and structured learning environment.
- Collaborate with the school's team to develop and maintain individualized support plans.
- Experience working with students with special educational needs.
- Knowledge of autism and behaviour management strategies.
- Resilience, patience, and a compassionate nature.
- A commitment to creating a positive and inclusive educational experience for all students.
Why Step Teachers?
- Our 3 core values. Honesty, hard work and professionalism.
- Over 20 years in supply education professionals across East Anglia, North London, Hertfordshire and Plymouth.
- Long-standing relationships with Primary, Secondary and SEN Schools.
- We pay through PAYE weekly!
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal. Recommend a friend and receive a share of £200 of Amazon vouchers AND a chance to win a European holiday worth £1000! – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!