Are you a passionate and dedicated Teaching Assistant with a track record of supporting students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Are you ready to embark on a rewarding journey in the field of education? Look no further, as we have an incredible opportunity for you!
As an experienced Teaching Assistant, you will have the chance to make a significant impact on the lives of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). You will work closely with teachers, SENCOs, and other professionals to provide tailored support, guidance, and encouragement to help these students reach their full potential.
This role will involve working with pupils from various year groups, providing a diverse and enriching experience for both you and the students you support. Your dedication and expertise will play a crucial role in fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to students with challenging behaviour, ensuring their inclusion in the classroom.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to develop and implement behaviour management strategies.
- Foster a safe and inclusive classroom environment that promotes positive behaviour and mutual respect.
- Act as a positive role model for students, promoting appropriate behaviour and social skills.
- Assist in the preparation and adaptation of teaching materials to meet diverse learning needs.
- Minimum Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Experience working within a primary school setting.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive a share of £200 of Amazon vouchers AND a chance to win a European holiday worth £1000! – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!