A dynamic Secondary School located in Breckland Area in a village between Thetford and Norwich is currently seeking a passionate passionate Teaching Assistant who can work with students with Special Educational Needs (SEN) to join the team.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting the diverse needs of our students in Key Stage 3 & 4. Your primary responsibility will be to work closely with the class teacher, providing additional support and guidance to students with SEN. You will be instrumental in creating an inclusive learning environment, ensuring that every student has the opportunity to thrive and succeed.
The school offers a personalised package of education and support to each student, designed around the needs identified in their Education. The aim is to provide students with the skills they need to live an independent life.
- Collaborate with the class teacher to plan and deliver tailored learning activities that meet the specific needs of students with SEN specifically working with students with ADHD, ADD and Autism.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students to facilitate their academic, social, and emotional development.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment where all students feel valued and supported.
- Support students in developing their independence and self-esteem, both academically and socially.
- Communicate effectively with parents, staff, and external professionals to ensure a collaborative approach to supporting students with SEN.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- A commitment to our school's vision and values, and a passion for creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
- The ability to work effectively under the guidance of the class teacher while also using your initiative to adapt to the specific needs of students.
- A genuine desire to make a positive impact on the lives of students with SEN.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers is an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!