Are you a dedicated and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant with a passion for making a difference in the lives of special needs students? We have an exciting full-time, long-term opportunity in Norwich for a compassionate individual to join our dynamic team at an SEN school. This role specifically involves supporting a sensory group, catering to the unique needs of each student, including one student who may exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Provide support to a sensory group within an SEN school setting.
- Assist the teacher in implementing individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special educational needs.
- Work collaboratively with the whole class, adapting teaching methods to accommodate diverse learning styles.
- Manage challenging behaviour effectively, especially when dealing with a student who may display violent tendencies towards staff.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience as an SEN Teaching Assistant, with a focus on supporting sensory needs.
- Relevant qualifications in education or special education.
- Strong understanding of SEN strategies and interventions.
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour and de-escalate potentially volatile situations.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Compassionate and patient demeanour.
- Resilient and able to handle challenging situations with professionalism.
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the students.
- Passionate about contributing to the development and well-being of special needs students.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and you each receive a £100 Amazon voucher and enter into a draw to win a £1000 holiday!– If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!