Step Teachers are looking for an experienced Specialist Class Teacher to support students in an ARP unit at a mainstream primary school based in Edmonton. The role will be suitable for someone with prior experience helping students with a range of needs access learning and achieve results.
To be a Specialist Class Teacher you will be expected to:
- Have a patient, empathetic and adaptable teaching approach
- Develop and implement Educational Health Care Plans (EHCPS) for students with special educational needs
- Provide a supportive and inclusive learning environment tailored to the sensory and behavioural needs of students
- Deliver engaging and differentiated lessons to meet the diverse learning styles and abilities of the class
- Collaborate with support staff, therapists, and parents to ensure the holistic development of each student
- Maintain a positive and safe classroom atmosphere, promoting emotional and social growth
- Monitor and report on student progress, adapting teaching strategies as necessary
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Proven experience working with special needs students, particularly those with sensory needs and behavioural challenges.
- Strong knowledge of special education practices, strategies, and resources.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills for collaboration with support staff and parents.
- Passion and commitment to making a difference in the lives of special needs students.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational pro