Step Teachers are working with an academy school in Romford to look for a long-term teaching assistant to start in late September. The school is searching for a SEN experienced teaching assistant to help children with multiple different needs and to help make a real difference in their school's success.
This is a 'GOOD' Ofsted-rated school that prides itself on developing pupil's academic and social abilities. This school provides a safe, challenging, and exciting learning environment that adapts to the needs of every student. School activities encourage students to not only be positive contributors to the school but also their families and the community.
- Assisting the teacher with planning and delivering activities.
- Supporting the children with their academic studies and social skills.
- Preparing activities and any special requirements the children need.
- Working with parents and caregivers by discussing their child's progress and achievements.
- Assist with classroom management and provide an inclusive classroom atmosphere.
- Experience working in a school setting.
- Previous experience with children with special needs is desirable.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork skills.