£14,000 - £20,000
about 1 month ago
Our parntners Grad2teach, have schools in Barnet is keen for us to train a trainee Science Teacher from September 2021. The position of trainee Science teacher is a full-time contract position through Grad2Teach and would be suitable for a Science Graduate with some UK classroom experience.
If you’re a determined, passionate and self-reflective graduate looking to start a career in teaching, Grad2Teach is your first step in the right direction. Our paid ITT programme offers a new opportunity to teach, train and – if successful – gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). With Grad2Teach you will work to complete a one or two year course, with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools, earning a salary as you train. Upon passing the course, you will have completed your PGCE and be a qualified teacher with QTS.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a relevant, university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification Have determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude.
- Have at least one year of Experience in a UK classroom
- Have the confidence and ability to lead the class.
- Be able to demonstrate your resilience.
This is a larger than average inclusive Secondary School which has demonstrated rapid improvement over recent years and is rated ‘Good with Outstanding Features’ by Ofsted. A further inspection is expected in the next academic year, and the Head Teacher is driving the School to achieve an ‘Outstanding’ rating. High value is placed on its strong links with the local community and the leadership team work closely with parents to ensure that all of the pupils achieve. Staff and Pupils alike are proud of their school community, treating each other with mutual respect and displaying tolerance of each other’s differences. Pupils take on the roles of buddies, trained mentors, ambassadors and school councillors, which supports the ‘pupil led’ learning initiatives central to the ethos of the School.
In Year 1, you will
- Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based, salaried trainee programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Year 2, you will
- Attend 9 training days with one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learnt so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
- Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience