4 months ago
Are you looking for a fully salaried teacher training route? Do you want to achieve the highest accreditation available for beginning teachers whilst developing your expertise within the support of one school? Grad2Teach, a brand-new Initial Teacher Training (ITT) initiative, has an exciting opportunity for graduates and career changers to join us for next year’s course (January 2021, April 2021 and, September 2021), within a wide variety of schools across London and the surrounding areas.
If you are a determined, passionate and self-reflective graduate looking to start a career in teaching, Grad2Teach is your first step in the right direction. Our paid ITT programme offers a new opportunity to teach, train and – if successful – gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). With Grad2Teach you will work to complete a two-year course, with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools, earning a salary as you train. Upon passing the course, you will have completed your PGCE and be a qualified teacher with QTS.
Requirements: To be eligible for this programme, you must meet the following requirements:
- University degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification
- Attained grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English for Secondary Teacher Training
- Attained grade C or above in Maths, English and Science for Primary Teacher training
- Determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude
What are the benefits?
- In Year 1, you will: Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
- In Year 2, you will: Attend 9 training days at one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learnt so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
- Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience and cover a range of issues that may not be present at every school.
- Grad2Teach offers you: £14,040 in Year 1 and up to £20,000 in Year 2
- Full PGCE with 60 Masters credits
- QTS with a leading UK University
Full time for two years Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button now. Candidates with previous job titles and experience including; Teaching Graduate, Trainee Teacher, ITT, Initial Teacher Training, PGCE, Teacher Training, Primary Teacher Training, Secondary Teacher Training, Graduate Teacher, may also be considered.