14,000 - 20,000
4 months ago
April or September 2021
Are you looking for a fully salaried teacher training route? Do you want to achieve the highest accreditation available for beginning teachers whilst developing your expertise within the support of one school? Grad2Teach, an exciting experience-led Initial Teacher Training (ITT) initiative, has an opportunity for graduates and career changers to join us for next year’s course (April/September 2021), within a wide variety of schools across Hertfordshire and the surrounding areas.
If you’re a determined, passionate and self-reflective graduate looking to start a career in teaching, Grad2Teach is your first step in the right direction. Our paid ITT programme offers a new opportunity to teach, train and – if successful – gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). With Grad2Teach you will work to complete a one or two year course, with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools, earning a salary as you train. Upon passing the course, you will have completed your PGCE and be a qualified teacher with QTS.
Requirements: To be eligible for this programme, you must meet the following requirements:
- University degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification
- Attained grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English for Secondary Teacher Training
- Attained grade C or above in Maths, English and Science for Primary Teacher training
- Determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude
What are the benefits?
- In Year 1, you will: Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
- In Year 2, you will: Attend 9 training days at one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learnt so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
- Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience and cover a range of issues that may not be present at every school.
- Grad2Teach offers you: £14,000 in Year 1 and up to £20,000 in Year 2
- Full PGCE with 60 Masters credits
- QTS with a leading UK University
Full time for two years Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button now. Candidates with previous job titles and experience including; Teaching Graduate, Trainee Teacher, ITT, Initial Teacher Training, PGCE, Teacher Training, Primary Teacher Training, Secondary Teacher Training, Graduate Teacher, may also be considered.