Are you a resilient, passionate and driven graduate looking to start a career in teaching? Step Teachers is a step in the right direction. Our Grad2Teach teacher-training programme offers a new opportunity alongside one of the top universities in the country to guide you to your future career.
Grad2Teach is a brand new graduate teacher training initiative, which, if you are accepted on to the programme, will give you the opportunity to be in fully paid employment and gain a PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) at the end of the two-year scheme.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements:
- A university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification
- A grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English for Secondary Teacher Training
- A grade C or above in Maths, English and Science for Primary Teacher training
- A passionate and positive attitude to learning and helping others to learn
What are the benefits?
In Year 1, you will:
- Receive training worth £1,225 whilst you work in our 37-week school-based programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from an online tutor
- Complete 1 written assessment reflecting on your experience so far
- You will receive an introduction to a variety of schools allowing you to find the best environment where you can begin to develop your own unique teaching style
In Year 2, you will:
- Undertake 9 days at the university
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your overall experience
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide you and advise you along your journey
- A carefully selected, contrasting school placement allowing you to broaden your experience covering issues that may not be present at your previous school
If you would like to find out more information and receive our prospectus, please get in touch below.