Are you a resilient, passionate and driven graduate who wants to forge a career in teaching? If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you! Our Grad2Teach teacher training scheme offers a flexible, well-supported path into teaching.
Grad2Teach is a brand new graduate teacher training initiative that if accepted onto the programme, will give you the opportunity to be in fully paid employment and gain a PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) at the end of the two-year scheme.
- A university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification
- A least a grade C in English and Maths GCSE (a C at GCSE Science for Primary Teacher Training)
- Passion for working with young people and helping then achieve
What are the benefits?
In Year 1, you will:
- Receive training worth £1,225 whilst you work in our school based programme as a cover supervisor or teaching assistant
- Gain invaluable insight and support into classroom management
- Benefit support from a dedicated Tutor
- You will receive an introduction to a variety of schools allowing you to find the best environment where you can learn, develop and hone your teaching skills.
In Year 2, you will:
- Work towards gaining QTS during the 37 week school-based course
- Receive visits from your university tutor to guide your development and assess your progress
- A contrasting school placement allowing you to broaden your experience covering issues that may not be present at your previous school
If you would like to find out more information and receive our prospectus, please get in touch below.