Step Teachers are working closely with a great primary school located in East London to find a year 1 class teacher on a temporary basis starting in January. The ethos of this Primary School, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted is to aim to create confident and high achieving students. This school is committed to creating a community within the school by having amazing relationships with parents.
- Delivering engaging and inclusive lessons that align with the Year 1 curriculum.
- Creating a positive and nurturing learning environment for students.
- Managing classroom behaviour and fostering a positive and respectful atmosphere.
- Collaborating with other teachers and staff to support the overall educational experience.
- Providing feedback on student progress and maintaining accurate records.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an equivalent teaching qualification.
- Experience teaching in a Year 1 classroom setting.
- Strong knowledge of the Year 1 curriculum and teaching methods.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to adapt to different teaching environments and work collaboratively with existing staff.
- Enhanced DBS on the update service.
- Available from January 2024.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!