Step Teachers has been asked to recruit for a creatively challenging and fantastic opportunity as an Art teacher in Hertfordshire. The position is available from March and is currently of a temporary nature. The school is proud of its calm and trustworthy atmosphere; encouraging pupils to strive for excellence and staff to work as a team. As an Art teacher you will be integral in creating an inspiring ethos that allows pupils to grow and thrive.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for Art and related assessment practice is essential for a role of this nature.
- The appointed Art teacher should motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
- The successful Art teacher should have demonstrable experience and an excellent working knowledge of Assessment for Learning.
- To use relevant assessment information to set targets for improvement across the phase.
- To enthuse, lead, develop and enhance the teaching practices of others across the phase, through mentoring, coaching, evaluating, supporting, guiding and target setting.
- To be accountable for the strategic leadership and management of a phase, within the context of the School's aims and policies.
This is a large mixed school with high aspirations for everyone who is part of the community whether student or member of staff. A rapidly improving school recently rated by Ofsted as having good leadership and good capacity to improve further. You will see when you visit the School that they are passionate about what they do: getting the best out of every child whatever their abilities, interests or ambitions. This is a place of work and a strong work ethic is demanded from staff and students alike. The SMT are passionate about developing their staff as practitioners and future leaders and at present, this is an environment offering unparalleled opportunity for CPD and rapid advancement for exceptional teachers.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.