We are currently working with an alternative education provider who are looking to recruit a Curriculum and Learning Lead for their site in Great Yarmouth. This position is offered as a permanent contract and the ideal candidate will be able to start as soon as possible. Are you currently looking to further your career in an alternate provision setting?
The job Summary for a Curriculum and Learning Lead:
- To provide effective leadership and management on a specific site for a registered school, delivering a safe and secure education provision for students with complex needs and behaviours.
- To be the driver in behaviour management and student support for complex and vulnerable students.
- To manage the educational environment, which supports and motivates students with complex needs, whilst they undertake a high quality and aspirational curriculum.
- To drive performance and outcomes in engagement, curriculum, quality of teaching, safety, achievement and progression.
- To work with the Head Teacher to ensure that the school’s overall effectiveness is judged by OFSTED as consistently good or outstanding.
Main duties as a Curriculum and Learning Lead will include;
- Manage and analyse performance data and report to Head Teacher. Take appropriate actions to address areas of underperformance.
- Be the lead for improving the quality of teaching and learning by following and implementing the school’s observation of teaching and learning procedures.
- Manage and implement the contribution review process by setting targets for individual and team performance. Manage areas of staff underperformance effectively and timely.
- Support the training and development of staff to ensure the delivery of outstanding teaching and learning.
- Lead and manage the team in regards to safeguarding, ensuring all Catch22 safeguarding and child protection processes are followed, and that all staff are compliant with all statutory training. Undertake Designated Safeguarding Lead training.
- Manage pupil behavior on-site and lead in the development of individual and whole school behavior plans.
- Ensure that appropriate behaviour strategies and positive handling are in place and training is completed when required.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today