Step Teachers are working with a school that is based in Southall to source an English Teacher to start in January. This is a maternity cover role, with the possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidate.
This is an "Outstanding" Ofsted-rated school where Teachers constantly strive to improve their practice. The quality of teaching in key stages 3 and 4 is consistently strong. This is because of the training and encouragement staff receive from leaders and their own colleagues. Teachers use assessment information very effectively to plan lessons that challenge their pupils.
- Possess strong knowledge of the English curriculum at the KS3 and KS4 levels
- Be able to plan and deliver engaging, differentiated lessons
- Upkeep a clean, tidy, and considerate classroom environment
- Display a strong, mentoring personality toward students
- Cultivate positive relationships with students, working to inspire good behaviour and a passion for learning
- Cooperate with and support your colleagues and additional classroom staff
- Be able to accurately assess and report on your students, and articulate solutions to their difficulties
- Comply with and implement the school's policies, and take part in their supportive educational ethos
Requirements for this role:
- QTS or equivalent
- Recent mainstream school-based experience teaching English
- A relevant English-related degree is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-s