Step Teachers has been asked to recruit an English teacher for a school in South London who have been working with us over a number of years. The post of English teacher will be a one-year post commencing September 2019.
Every member of the team at this school is expected to ‘go the extra mile’ and push themselves to the limits of performance and it is seen as a key indicator of the school’s continued progression that, when teachers leave, it tends to be to take on leadership roles elsewhere. The Head Teacher and Governors are proud of the low staff turnover rate and believe this is driven by their consistent focus on CPD and internal promotion.
- Ideally the selected English teacher will have an undergraduate English degree from a United Kingdom university at 2:1 or above.
- It is vital that you can demonstrate experience of planning and teaching English for the KS3 and KS4 curriculum.
- You will be expected to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including with pupils, parents and carers, other staff and external agencies.
- You will have schemes of work that are creative, varied and flexible enough to promote differentiation, and commitment to pupil progression.
- You will have excellent classroom management strategies that are robust and flexible
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a support network that helps provide practical, financial, legal, emergency, technology and hospital services.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today.