Step Teachers are currently looking for a Part Time History Teacher in a Secondary School in Welwyn Garden City. We are a prefered supplier for Teach in Herts and have long standing relationships with schools and academy trusts across the county. This Part Time History Teacher start as soon as possible, initially on supply with the view to become permanent. This Part Time History Teacher role will involve working 3 days per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and will involve teaching all year groups.
This Secondary School, which is part of a multi-academy trust, aims to ensure that all students reach their full potential. The school's vision is centred on respect and responsibility; principles which allow every student to succeed. The school are looking for someone who can make a real impact in the school and help both the school and student's to progress.
Role of Part Time History Teacher:
- Good knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 History curriculum
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Maintain an organised and professional classroom with all of the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
Requirements of Part Time History Teacher:
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification for teaching in secondary school
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience as a History Teacher at Secondary School level
- Have a good level of clas