£17,329 - £17,959 Per Year
2 months ago
Step Teachers has been asked to recruit an SEN LSA for a secondary school based in Islington. The school is seeking an LSA to work with them on a 1 term, full-time basis and will commence in September 2021. The school is a well-established inclusive school that works effectively with staff and pupils to create a productive and positive working environment. As an SEN LSA, you will be part of a forward-thinking and flexible educational ethos that focuses greatly on pupil development.
- As an SEN LSA, you should have a range of robust effective behaviour management strategies that can be employed in the classroom.
- You will need confidence and a positive ‘can-do attitude and philosophy.
- Having highly effective communication skills with both children and adults, including parents/carers is seen as a key area of focus is an essential skill in the role of SEN LSA.
- You should have the ability to identify, focus on and work towards achieving key objectives.
- You will have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs and Educational Inclusion.
- You should have strong SEN experience and be able to adapt the curriculum to suit a pupil's learning style.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK.
Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today