Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for a Maths Teacher in Welwyn Garden City. This Maths Teacher position is full time starting in April 2024 continuing until the end of the academic year. There is the potential for the position to be extended or made permanent in the new academic year for a Maths Teacher that can make a positive impact in the school.
This Secondary School, which is part of a multi-academy trust, aims to ensure that all students reach their full potential. The school's vision is centred on respect and responsibility; principles which allow every student to succeed. The school are looking for someone who can make a real impact in the school and help both the school and student's to progress.
Role of a Maths Teacher:
- Strong knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Maths curriculum
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
Requirements of a Maths Teacher:
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification for teaching in Secondary School
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience as a Maths Teacher at Secondary School level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behavio