Step Teachers are excited to be representing a truly exceptional Academy as they seek to appoint a full-time Maths and Further Maths teacher for a temporary contract which is to commence in March. As a suitably experienced Maths teacher, you will have a respectable Maths degree from an established university and work hard to maintain the aspirations of the school.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for Maths and Further Maths and related assessment practice is essential for a role of this nature.
- The appointed Maths teacher should motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
- The successful Maths teacher should have demonstrable experience and an excellent working knowledge of Assessment for Learning.
- Be responsible and accountable for securing the highest standards of pupil achievement across the phase group, through a process of effective monitoring, evaluation, reporting and review of learning, progress and teaching outcomes.
- To use relevant assessment information to set targets for improvement across the phase.
This is a very friendly school where academic excellence and a calm, focused atmosphere go hand in hand. A solid history of excellent Ofsted performance has allowed the SMT to develop a base of teaching staff who have been committed to the school and its development over several years. The cohort are well organised, take a full role in the life of the school and their standards of behaviour are good.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.