Step Teachers are currently looking for a PE Teacher for the Peterborough area for a long-term supply position. The chosen candidate will gain the opportunity to work in a brilliant school with hard-working dedicated colleagues.
The school wants to create and provide positive experiences and memories the students take forward in life. The school helps shape those experiences and guides students to make the most out of their education. The school has a strong family/community feel and looks after the staff as well as pupils creating a happy environment to learn in.
- Strong Physical Education curriculum knowledge at KS3 & 4
- Upkeep a tidy, organised classroom with the safe use and storage of all equipment
- Direct and support any additional staff in the classroom where applicable
- Ability to assess and report on your students when required
- Able to plan and deliver engaging, ranging lessons
- Willingness to comply with the schools’ policies and implement them effectively
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification for teaching in secondary school
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching PE at secondary school level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant PE or sports-related degree is desirable.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across London, East Anglia, Hertfordshire, and the South West, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK.
We are also an approved partner of the National Tutoring Programme (NTP).
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership, and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent, or supply work then get in touch with us today!