Step Teachers are seeking to appoint a hard-working, honest, dependable, self-motivated person to act as Site manager at school in Enfield. The ideal candidate is responsible to the Head Teacher, but will be directly responsible to and line managed by the Schools’ Manager. We are looking for the right person to join and to assist in undertaking the maintenance, improvement and security of the buildings and premises at this site.
This is a non-resident post. Duties include site maintenance, general DIY, cleaning, porterage, basic gardening, general repairs and maintenance. Additional training as required will be provided.
The ideal candidate will:
1. Have suitable proven skills and abilities for the post and be well-organised
2. Recognise Health and Safety matters
3. Have a good work ethic and the commitment to maintain high standards
4. Be enthusiastic, have excellent interpersonal skills and be very flexible
5. Be able to carry out repairs, maintenance and decorating
6. Have demonstrable skills of working/liaising with contractors
7. Be proactive and able to implement the school's Premises Development Plan
8. Attend Resources Committee Meetings (1 per term), to update Governors on Site Repairs and Maintenance and any Health and Safety concerns.
The post holder will:
1. Line manage the Assistant Site Manager.
2. Have cleaning responsibilities in order to set standards
3. Carry out internal and external Health and Safety checks and maintain appropriate documentation and records for the health and maintenance of site
4. Be responsible for security and key holder duties
5. Be responsible for the unlocking and locking of the school premises on daily basis.
6. Required to carry out porterage duties
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.