£100 - £180
9 months ago
We are looking to recruit a science teacher this 500 pupil secondary school based in Ipswich, Suffolk. To commence January, this role will be on a full time, long term contract basis.
The school was rated as good at its last Ofsted report and is a popular mixed school. The science teacher will become one of a team who promotes their pupils to be polite, responsible and conscientious. The school has a curriculum that allows pupils to reach individual goals and achieve well.
To be considered for this role:
- You should have a teaching qualification and relevant experience gained within a secondary school environment
- Be an experienced teacher who can demonstrate experience of planning and teaching science and science-related subjects
- Have knowledge of the national curriculum for science-related assessment practice
For the role of science teacher will ask that you:
- Have confidence and a “can-do” attitude and philosophy
- Show a demonstrable record of commitment to ongoing professional development
- Will create a thoughtful approach to curriculum planning demonstrating the ability to incorporate national trends and data sets in your approach
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations, and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress-related issues.