A popular and improving school in North London has asked us to resource a SCMH LSA for a temporary position to commence in March. The position of a SCMH LSA would be suitable for someone who is able to adapt and is creative in their approach to education. This role has the potential to become a permanent role for the right candidate.
- The successful SCMH LSA will hold positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of behaviour in their professional role.
- As a SCMH LSA you will need confidence and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and philosophy.
- Highly effective communication skills with both children and adults, including parents/carers is seen as a key area of focus is key as a SCMH LSA.
- You should be committed and flexible, able to work directly with the SENCO and with LSAs as required.
- You will have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs and Educational Inclusion, and the needs of the more able and talented.
This school serves a diverse and deprived area of North London. Behaviour standards have been a key area of focus in recent times and the SMT are proud of the huge improvements that have been made in this area. Pupil progression has been steadily improving and the School recently celebrated their best ever GCSE results in the core subjects of English, Maths and Science. As the School moves on to the next step of its development plan, there has been a staff restructure and there is now scope for growth in the majority of faculties.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as discounts and offers on high street brands.