9 days ago
Are you an experienced teacher who has a great understanding of special educational needs? Do you have the skills, knowledge, and passion to support pupils with severe learning boundaries? Are you available to work as soon as possible? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then Step Teachers would love to hear from you!
We are currently looking to employ a full-time SEN Teacher to work in one of our close alternative provision schools on a full-time basis for the next 6 months. This is set to start ASAP and has the potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
The post is set to be based in a Primary setting with a small class of pupils. The pupils all have severe speech and language needs. The ideal candidate will have the tools to support these pupils, using training and hands-on previous experience. This is an incredible opportunity to take on a role and feel like you are making a genuine difference in the lives of vulnerable pupils. Whilst it can be a very rewarding job, it takes a special kind of teacher to work in an alternative provision setting.
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
• A teaching qualification that grants QTS in Primary Education
• Referenced teaching work with children of a Primary age (this can be a placement reference for newer teachers.)
• A dated CV with months and years clearly marked and no gaps.
• A strong level of understanding regarding special educational needs – particularly speech and language.
• A robust and resilient attitude towards teaching, approaching each day with a positive outlook.
Working with Steps, you will have access to:
• PAYE pay processed weekly
• A designated consultant to help you when required
• A friendly local office with long-standing relationships with schools in the area
• To work with an agency working with the Crown Commercial Service
This is a great opportunity for teaching assistants who are looking to break into alternative education but can also suit individuals who bring more experience to the role. The setting sets a fantastic example for what high-quality, alternative education looks like, and can offer great standards of continuing professional development, as each day will quickly become an exciting learning experience!
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.