£14,000 - £20,000
about 1 month ago
One of our partner schools in Hertfordshire is currently recruiting for a graduate in Mathematics to take up a trainee Maths teacher opportunity from September 2021. The position of trainee Maths Teacher is a full-time salaried position, where the successful trainee will be a Maths graduate who has experience in the UK classroom.
If you’re a determined, passionate and self-reflective graduate looking to start a career in teaching, Grad2Teach is your first step in the right direction. Our paid ITT programme offers a new opportunity to teach, train and – if successful – gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). With Grad2Teach you will work to complete a one or two year course, with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools, earning a salary as you train. Upon passing the course, you will have completed your PGCE and be a qualified teacher with QTS.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a relevant, university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification Have determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude.
- Have at least one year of Experience in a UK classroom
- Have the confidence and ability to lead the class.
- Be able to demonstrate your resilience
This is an inclusive learning community with high standards and high expectations placed on pupils and teaching staff alike. They work in partnerships based on mutual respect and equality and love of learning is always the priority. The aim of the school is to develop all teaching staff to reach their maximum potential through CPD and a supportive management structure. The school's ethos is inclusive of all and they respect the diversity of the student body by nurturing their talents and providing for individual needs.
In Year 1, you will
- Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based, salaried trainee programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Year 2, you will
- Attend 9 training days with one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learnt so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
- Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience