Banner Default Image

NTP / School-Led Tutoring

For the academic year 2022/23, the total cost of tutoring will be subsidised by 60% and schools will receive this money (a ring-fenced tutoring grant) directly into their bank account without having to ‘opt-in’. Schools will only have to cover the remaining 40% - choosing to use other funding, such as Pupil Premium.

To find out your school's grant allocation, simply click here. While you can also access the NTP guidance for schools here but we're happy to talk you through the process!

Book a meeting with your NTP specialist

As an approved Tuition Partner, we have qualified teachers that can deliver tutoring sessions either in person or online.

To get a better idea of how we can help you please download our fact sheet; which explains:

    • exactly how much you have to contribute (that’s the 40%)

    • how many pupils can receive tutoring

    • how many hours you must deliver in order to ensure you don’t have to return any money back to the DfE

Our top 5 NTP key points for 2022/23:

    • Whether you have 3, 4, 5, or 6 pupils in a group, the 40% you have to contribute will always be the same.

    • It’s more cost-effective to outsource your tutoring requirements to us, compared to hiring a tutor directly. Our charge of £54p/h covers all employer costs, such as, pension, NI, etc. All of which would normally come out of your tutoring grant. This means by coming to us you can get more pupils tutored.

    • We’re only charging for 3 pupils, but you have the flexibility to add more (up to 6) if needed and this won’t cost you any extra.

    • To ensure you don’t have to return any money back to the DfE, we can audit how many hours you’ve delivered versus your allocation for free.

    • No more timesheets. The NTP Hub is going and thus creating less admin work for us all.

Who are Step Teachers?

As an approved Tuition Partner of the NTP, Step Teachers have been helping schools take advantage of this funding. We have local tutors that hold Qualified Teacher Status and have already helped hundreds of pupils catch up.

    • DfE's Crown Commercial Service’s preferred supplier (CCS)

    • Assignment Confirmation & Vetting Checklist sent before the tutor arrives at your institution

    • Transparent and cost-effective services from an agency that holders the REC's Audited Education Gold Standard

    • A wide range of tutors that cover all key stages and subjects

    • Tuition for groups of up to 6 pupils

    • In-person and online sessions

    • A Tutoring Manager is assigned to help manage your tutoring options

    • Free audit of how many hours you’ve delivered versus your allocation

Unlike traditional tuition companies, our tutors are:

    • teachers with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)

    • fully vetted and trained on Safeguarding and PREVENT

    • experience of working in school settings

    • flexible – they can quickly adapt to times that suit you

    • many have already delivered tutoring sessions as part of the NTP

    • Primary Schools: Literacy, Numeracy, & Science

    • Secondary Schools: English, Maths, Humanities, & MFL

What group sizes meet your school's needs?

To ensure that pupils really benefit from their tuition and show progression in their attainment whilst continuing to offer school’s the most cost effect solution, a ratio of 1:3 is strongly recommended.

You can go up to 1:6 and we are happy for schools to use their discretion when deciding this. However, for sessions taking place online, we recommend no more than 4 pupils in a session.

Book a meeting with your NTP specialist

For the latest nursery, primary, secondary and SEN jobs...

Register today