A brilliant secondary school within the Bury St Edmunds area currently seeking a Design Technology Teacher for a long-term placement.
The school offers a broad but balanced curriculum. The students are happy to be a part of what is viewed as a large family environment and this promotes positivity and confidence in the classroom. The ultimate aim is to inspire students to do well at school and this is demonstrated by the brilliant GCSE results achieved.
If you are creative with a passion for Design Technology and are able to inspire students on how to be able to look after themselves in the future this could be the role for you.
- Good knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Design Technology
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Maintain an organised and professional classroom with all of the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Design Technology at secondary school level
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Design Technology degree is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across London, East Anglia, Hertfordshire, and the South West, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK.
We are also an approved partner of the National Tutoring Programme (NTP).
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership, and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent, or supply work then get in touch with us today!