- You should have a teaching qualification and a degree in history.
- It is vital that you can demonstrate experience of planning and teaching history for KS3 and KS4.
- The school are happy to consider outstanding Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) but suggest that the role might be better suited to secondary teachers with experience across the curriculum.
- Experience of teaching classes with 30 pupils would be a definite advantage.
- Candidates should display creativity and an ability to inspire pupils through the planning, preparation and delivery of highly stimulating, motivating and well sequenced lessons.
- You should have an ability to teach and inspire positive learning attitudes.
3 months ago
Step Teachers are excited to be representing a lovely secondary school in South London as they seek to appoint a full-time history teacher for a permanent contract which is to commence in September 2019. As a suitably experienced history teacher, you will have a respectable history degree from an established university.
This inclusive school is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted. This rating has been maintained since 2013.
Staff satisfaction is central to the ethos of the School and this is demonstrated by the low staff turnover and outstanding opportunities for professional development.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.