Step Teachers are excited to be representing a truly exceptional Inclusive school as they seek to appoint a full-time Science teacher which would involve Chemistry taught to KS5 for a temporary contract which is to commence in March. As a suitably experienced Science teacher, you will have a respectable science degree from an established university.
- The appointed Science should motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
- The successful Science teacher should have demonstrable experience and an excellent working knowledge of Assessment for Learning.
- Ideally the selected Science teacher will have an undergraduate Science degree from a United Kingdom university at 2:1 or above.
- You will have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs and Educational Inclusion, and the needs of the more able and talented.
- To comply with, support and promote all school policies and procedures, particularly those relating to child protection, equal opportunities, racial equality, health, safety and security, confidentiality, behaviour and data protection.
- You should have a creative and thoughtful approach to curriculum planning, demonstrating the ability to incorporate national trends and data sets into your approach.
- At the heart of everything you do will be your passion for Science and the desire to inspire and motivate pupils to excel.
This is a good school where all pupils expect to do well and parents offer staunch support in encouraging hard work and good behaviour. Widely recognised for delivering excellent teacher inductions, the School is proud of its continuous CPD of staff at all levels. The Head Teacher and Governors take a modern approach to delivering the curriculum, promoting the use of every available resource to support not only academic achievement, but the development of skills for life. With a thriving enrichment and extra-curricular programme, every member of staff at this school is aware of the importance of their contribution to the all-round development of students as they make their way into the adult world.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.