Step Teachers has been asked to recruit a SEN teacher for a school in North London who have been working with us over a number of years. The post of SEN teacher will be a temporary post commencing ASAP to take up an unplanned vacancy within the department. This schools encourages inclusivity and diversity and as a SEN teacher you will be key in promoting this.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for Special Educational Needs and related assessment practice is essential for a role of this nature.
- The appointed SEN teacher should motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
- The successful SEN teacher should have demonstrable experience and an excellent working knowledge of Assessment for Learning.
- You should be committed and flexible, able to work directly with the SENCO and with LSAs as required.
- This position will involve some mainstream SEN teaching, therefore experience of teaching children with a variety of additional needs would be beneficial.
- You will have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs and Educational Inclusion, and the needs of the more able and talented.
This is a school which has undergone massive changes in recent years and is rapidly developing into a fantastic teaching environment. The cohort are from a range of backgrounds and have a diverse level of ability on entry, with the vast majority achieving expected progression or above. The SMT are deeply involved with the development of teaching and learning and are highly supportive of all staff at all levels.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today