£14,000 - £20,000
about 1 month ago
A very nice Secondary school in a lovely part of Enfield have asked us to train a Geography Graduate with classroom experience, to take up the role of trainee Geography Teacher from September 2021. The role of trainee Geography Teacher is a full-time salaried position. The school would ideally like to appoint from September.
If you’re a determined, passionate and self-reflective graduate looking to start a career in teaching, Grad2Teach is your first step in the right direction. Our paid ITT programme offers a new opportunity to teach, train and – if successful – gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). With Grad2Teach you will work to complete a one or two year course, with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools, earning a salary as you train. Upon passing the course, you will have completed your PGCE and be a qualified teacher with QTS.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a relevant, university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification Have determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude.
- Have at least one year of Experience in a UK classroom
- Have the confidence and ability to lead the class.
- Be able to demonstrate your resilience.
This is an all-girls school who have been rated by Ofsted as a 'Good' school. They have a dedicated team of staff and governors that work hard to maintain the high expectations and pastoral support that lead to the best possible standards. The school seek to raise aspirations, generate opportunities and promote a ‘can do’ attitude. Students are encouraged to develop independent learning skills that will benefit them when they progress to their thriving Sixth Form and if they go on to University. The recently appointed headteacher and the other senior leaders have good capacity to secure and sustain the further improvements the school requires. They form a strong and cohesive team with an excellent balance of skills and expertise. They now make excellent use of detailed data about students’ progress and achievement to monitor the effectiveness of the provision and target interventions to support students.
In Year 1, you will
- Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based, salaried trainee programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Year 2, you will
- Attend 9 training days with one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learnt so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
- Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience